We are considered an out of network provider with insurance carriers. Every insurance plan is different, so it’s important to get information from your carrier to find out if your knee walker will be covered. If you call us at 1(800) 893-1264 we can go more in depth about insurance, and we will do everything we can to help explain your submission process.
If you would like to verify coverage yourself, follow these steps:
- Get your diagnosis code(s). This is something that your doctor uses to identify your injury or surgery. Someone at your doctor’s office will be able to provide it for you.
- Know the insurance code for a knee walker – E0118.
- Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card.
- Ask the insurance representative you connect with if code E0118 is covered by your plan.
- If there is coverage, find out the amount or percentage that is covered.
- Ask if there are any special requirements for coverage such as a rental vs. a purchase or an in network provider.
When it’s time to submit for reimbursement, send your insurance company the following 3 documents:
- A final statement complete with billing codes – we provide this when your rental is closed, or on the date of your purchase.
- Letter of medical necessity, signed by your doctor – we email and send you a blank letter, which you will need to have your doctor’s office sign for you.
- Prescription for a knee walker – this is something that your doctor can provide.
Once you’ve submitted your claim to your insurance company, it may take some time before they respond. We’ve found that when people advocate for themselves, their chances of obtaining coverage increase. Don’t be afraid to follow up & check in on your claim’s status.